Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Cabin Crew
Mode of Study: Part time (evening)
Campus: Cork City College
2014/15 Course Fees: €500.00 for this course
About this course:
Within the travel and tourism industry, cabin crew still plays an extremely important role within the airline sector and great emphasis is still placed upon finding the perfect candidates for this demanding and extremely rewarding job. With this in mind the course has been designed to provide students with the underpinning knowledge required to work effectively as a member of airline cabin crew and provide the tools needed to deliver the highest level of standard and service to satisfy even the most difficult passenger.
What you will study:
The course includes:
- One practical training day using Mock Aircraft Facility
Training includes: Last flight as a passenger, doors exercise, unplanned & planned exercises, Pilot incapacitation, principles of survival, slide raft exercise, fire ground & smoke chamber and slide descent.
- Practical day at the Atlantic Experience
- Trainers who are also current Cabin Crew with some of the worlds major airlines
The main aim of this qualification is for students to investigate the various areas of cabin crew:
- Working as cabin crew
- Airline health, safety and security
- Aircraft emergency situations
- Dealing with passengers onboard an aircraft
- Cabin service – selling techniques
- Making Passenger announcements onboard an aircraft
How you will be assessed:
Those wishing to find employment as an air hostess / cabin crew, those in industry wishing to develop skills in a new job role, those in employment wishing to change career and those who wish to enhance their studies in travel and tourism.
Course Entry Minimum Age: 17
Airline Entry Requirements:
- Airlines generally require the following specifications in prospective employees:
- A minimum age of 18
- The right to live and work in the EU
- An excellent standard of health which may be subject to medical examination by the airline
- Height between 5’2 – 6’2 with weight in proportion
- An ability to swim at least 25 metres
- Possess a GCSE or above level of qualification
- A good level of written & spoken English
Fees: £41.00 NCFE registration fee
By undertaking this programme, candidates will be able to further their own continuous professional development, which may improve their career prospects, or progress on to further qualifications.
You may find further information and support by contacting the college Administrator .
Tel: +353 21 4966505 Email: email@example.com
Dates and times:
The course will run on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 – 9.00pm.