Level 2 Certificate in Aviation Operations on the Ground
Mode of Study: Part time (evening)
Campus: Cork City College
2014/15 Course Fees: €500.00 for this course
About this course:
This qualification is designed for learners interested in aviation operations. It provides learners with skills in health, safety, security and communications required to work within an aviation environment.
Guided Learning Hours: 108
Credit Value: 13
What you will study:
- HEALTH AND SAFETY WITHIN AVIATION
- AVIATION SECURITY
- AVIATION COMMUNICATIONS
- AIRPORT CHECK IN SERVICES
- AIRCRAFT BOARDING AND ARRIVAL SERVICES
- AIRPORT BAGGAGE PROCESSING
- LOADING AND UNLOADING OF AIRCRAFT
- AIRPORT BAGGAGE FACILITIES
- AVIATION PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- AIRCRAFT LOAD INSTRUCTION REPORTS
- AIRCRAFT MARSHALLING
- SUPPORT FLIGHT OPERATIONS
- AIRCRAFT DISPATCH PROCESS
- EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE PASSENGER TRANSPORT SECTOR
How you will be assessed:
Internally assessed and externally moderated portfolio. Candidates must successfully complete all mandatory and optional units to be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Aviation Operation on the Ground.
*A minimum age of 18
*A good level of written English
Fees: £41.00 NCFE registration fee
By undertaking this programme, candidates will be able to further their own continuous professional development, which may improve their career prospects, or progress on to further qualifications.
You may find further information and support by contacting the college Administrator .
Tel: +353 21 4966505 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates and times:
The course will run on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 – 9.00pm.